Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is tomorrow.  I love all holidays, but since I've had kids Halloween and Valentine's Day have dropped to my two least favorite.  I love candy and I'm all about celebrating with food, BUT I hate the price that I have to pay with two little boys all hopped up on sugar.

Luckily, mine are still too young for school, so I don't have to worry about other parents giving my kids HFCS and sending them home to me.  I know that one day I will not be so lucky, and since I can't control other parents, I figured that I would at least look into some valentine alternatives to candy in the classroom.  I don't want to be that Mom, that brings in oranges or other lame food, so I looked for fun ideas that kids will still love, even without sugar.

I started a Pinterest board solely dedicated to the creative Valentine's Day ideas of other families which you can follow at Full Plate Momma, but here are my three favorites.

Valentine Bubbles














I love the saying on this tag.  If you follow this link you can find a free tag printable and ideas to make it more affordable for an entire class.

Valentine Glow Sticks














I found quite a few glow stick options, but again this tag was the cutest.  Follow this link and you can find that cute tag printable and how she made these affordable.

Valentine Crayon














I'm not as in love with the tag on this one (I'd prefer this one), but I do love how they made their own crayons out of those useless ends.  Follow this link for incredibly easy instructions to make your own crayons.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment